Wireless Video Security Surveillance
(Command and Control Room)
Karachi Metropolitan Corporation launched Wireless Hybrid Video Security Surveillance
Project in January 2008 and moved with great speed to complete the first phase in
June 2008. The whole project took only six months to complete with all International
Wireless Video Security Surveillance project is unique and this is the first of
its kind in Pakistan.
The wireless network coverage area is 80 Sq. Km, with fiber optic
back up, mainly 140 cameras are covering two main arteries of City known
as Corridor I signal free Corridor (Site Habib Bank to Karsaz bridge Shahrah-e-Faisal)
& Corridor II signal free corridor ( Nagan Chorangi to Drigh Road Bridge
The Broader objective of the Projects:
● Improve the physical security of Citizen through video security
● Monitor the traffic flow and clear congestion on the roads and introduce
the traffic management system through world best available technology.
● Guard the KMC infrastructure such as flyovers, under passes
● Keep the general crime under control.
● Mobile KMC work force effectively to resolve the civil
work issue and speed up its civil work in order to complete and delivered the project
● Closely coordinate and work with Traffic police along with Sind
crime Police in command and control center in order to response to law & order
● In Phase 2 of this project we will install LPR (License
Plate Recognition) Biometric Face Recognition and RFID; it will be very easy to
identify movements on streets of individuals, cars and other type of transit measure.
Also it will be difficult for anyone to evade the law enforcement.
Network is made up off following main components:
● 140 Cameras
● Wireless WiMAX Technology.
● Licensed Frequency
● 130 TB Video Storage for Solutions for up to one month recording
● Network Operation Center( NOC )
● Command and Control Center
● 120 Employees
● 24 × 7 × 365 monitoring by the surveillance staff and
This entire project was inspired by the fact that it is the need of the time. Technology
if properly implemented can very effectively give results which would have been
impossible to accomplish. The KMC has always believed in this method of delivery
where a proper system is placed so that the continuity is guaranteed and professionals
are bought in to do things effectively. This project will eventually provide so
much security, information and safety to citizens of Karachi that it will not only
bring down crime rate but improve the overall delivery and performance of Public
officials. We believe that this projects growth is unlimited and a pillar in any
city’s environment given the current condition of the world.